High School Reunion Star Cyndi & Self-Esteem


It's this reality TV show on the TV Land Network called 'High School Reunion' that I've been watching regularly. It airs every Wednesday at 10pm. I've always been a reality TV addict but this is my first time tuning in this season.

I was never too keen on the show's concept of living with old high school classmates. Personally, I hated high school. It wasn't fun for me. I could totally relate to the character Ned in the film '17 Again' when his friend asks him to go back to high school with him and he says, "No...way, I made a promise to myself a long time ago that once I left I would never go back to that god forsaking place again."

In the show 16 classmates reunite to rekindle the past or get closure. There's this set of women on the show that were part of the 'popular hot chick clique' and called themselves Summer Girls. They also have a gay guy that used to get beat up in high school, the bully, the nerd, the cheerleader, and etc. The former nerd is a now attractive blond named Cyndi who happens to work as a stripper now. During this week's episode Cyndi made it obvious that she still carried a chip on her shoulders from the traumatic experiences of high school. Self-esteem and confidence or the lack of really plays a major role in the lives of the former classmates.

Self-Esteem in High School


While I watched the episode I couldn't help but think back to my own high school days and the comments that affected my image then and even today. Some of the remarks I wrote on the 'Who Am I? List' exercise from Wednesday were from that time. Isn't it crazy how the people we meet often shape our lives.

Cyndi addresses her struggle with self-esteem in her TV Land Blog post. Check it out!
Cyndi's Personal Thoughts in Blog Post - Beautiful, Inside and Out

For some, high school was paradise. For others, it was an unforgettable nightmare. Twenty years after graduation, 16 classmates from Chaparral High School's Class of '89 reunite on the tropical Hawaiian island of Kauai to relive their high school glory days. The Football Star, The Nerd, The Cheerleader, The Ladies Man – they're all back and things haven't changed as bitter rivalries resurface and old flames reignite.
High School Reunion TV Show | Chaparral High Class of '89 | TVLand.com

No comments:

Post a Comment